"Kind and Caring is the Way to Be"
There are several steps to being a Kind and Caring Kid:
- Be happy with yourself. (self-esteem)
- Accept differences in others. (tolerance)
- Solve problems in non-violent ways. (conflict resolution)
- Be Kind and Caring. (bullying) Use the A+ Way to learn how to Behave, Prevent Bullying, and Respond to Bullying in non-violent ways.
- Help your child feel confident and good about himself or herself.
- Teach him or her to be tolerant: Recognize and Respect differences in others.
- Model non-violent behavior.
- Children will mimic your attitudes and actions.
- Use I Messages and positive talk with your children.
- Be Kind and Caring and praise your child when he or she is Kind and Caring, also.
The KC Koala unit covers the following topics: