Be a Kind and Caring Kid, not a bully!
A BULLY is a person who deliberately hurts, frightens, or is cruel to someone weaker, younger, or smaller. Some studies show that a bullying situation occurs every nine seconds!
There are different types of bullying:
Have you ever felt left out of something? Did some friends get together and play and you were not invited? A lot of times these things happen and it is not a bullying situation. However,an emotional bully deliberately does these things in order to exclude you and hurt your feelings.
- learned behavior
Our A+ Way for Bullying© addresses three aspects:
- * How to NOT be a bully
- * How to PREVENT a bullying situation
- * How to RESPOND to a bullying situation
Important Tips to Remember:
- Stress the positive concepts of being Kind and Caring, instead of the negative aspects of meanness or violence.
- Establish a Kind and Caring atmosphere in your home, classroom, church, neighborhood!
- Praise and/or reward acts of kindness that your child or student displays.
- Encourage tolerance and acceptance of others.
- Model this behavior yourself.
The curriculum goes into more detail on this subject.