Solve your problems in a Kind and Caring (and non-violent) way.
A CONFLICT is when two or more people have a difference of opinion; when thoughts, desires and actions are not the same; when there is a clash of some sort.
Conflicts occur all the time, and they are not always bad. What really matters is how you react to and/or solve the conflict. How do you correct the problem?
It should be done in a KIND AND CARING .way; in a non-violent way!
Conflict Resolution (resolving or fixing the problem) is not something that can be taught or learned in one easy lesson. It is a process to teach children how to be Kind and Caring Kids.
There are 5 basic steps to follow to help resolve a conflict:
- STOP--Get control of your emotions. This is anger management.
- IDENTIFY--What is the real problem?
- THINK--What strategies can you use?
- ACT--Try a strategy or two.
- REVIEW--DId it work? Should you try another strategy?
Strategies to try include:
- Take turns
- Avoid the conflict
- "I" messages
- Paraphrase and Active Listening
When conflicts are not resolved properly, they can easily lead to a situation with Bullying.
The curriculum goes into more detail on this subject.