"Be Wise With Your Eyes!" Pay attention to what is going on around you!
- If someone slows down or stops near you in a vehicle, immediately take two giant steps back away from the vehicle. There is no need to panic right away; just get away from the car!
- If the driver (or someone in the car) tries to get you to go closer to the car, step back away even more and leave.
- Go in the direction away from where the car is going.
- Pay attention to details. What does the driver look like? What color is the vehicle? What is on the license plate?
- Remember the details. Tell an adult.
- Practice being observant and Be Wise With Your Eyes.
- Parents: help your child practice being observant. Walk past something or someone and then test your child's observation skills. Was the person wearing a belt? Did she have earrings on? Did the car have any dents or scratches? What color was the sign?
Be Wise With Your Eyes!
The curriculum goes into more detail on this subject.